- START DATE: Saturday, 17 Mar 2018
- END DATE: Sunday, 08 Apr 2018
- START TIME: 08:00 AM
- END TIME: 02:00 PM
- LOCATION: Flamingo bird sanctuary, Airoli Creek, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400080
- INTERESTED: 0 People
- SEEN BY: 44 People
Type: Bird tour
Flamingo bird watching location: Thane-Airoli Creek
Flamingo bird sanctuary information: The sanctuary will be the State’s second marine sanctuary after the one at Malvan. The 1,690-hectare bird haven — 896 hectares of mangrove forests and 794 hectares of a water body — is on the western bank of the creek, between the Airoli and the Vashi bridges connecting Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. Its eco-sensitive zone will be the adjoining mangrove areas on either side of the creek, which are already notified as reserve forests. India is home to two types of flamingos from a total of 6 recognized around the world – Greater Flamingo and Lesser Flamingo. Both types can be seen at thane creek during the migratory season.
Meeting Point: Bhandup Pumping Station Bus Stop by 8.00 am. Its the best flamingo watching location in Mumbai. One has to walk for 30 min till the point. We will start exploring by 9.00 am after introduction and instruction session. There will be one hour session of bird watching and other guidance. (PS: Time given in itinerary is considering normal weather, time of this trip depends on tide timings. So the actual time of the trail will be given one day prior to the event)
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
INR 800 5% GST
● Bird watching ride
● Expertise charges
● Any other personal expenses
● GST 5%
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY:-
● Identity proof
● 2 ltrs of water
● Good sport shoes
● Some ready to eat snacks, biscuits & chocolates
● Cap, sunglasses, scarf
● Personal medicine